Friday, February 6, 2009

Greeting from the Snowy White North

Well I am writing you this update from the Cleveland International Airport. And yes it is cold outside and there is a ton of snow on the ground. (scratch that I am finishing this from the Houston International airport, got bumped for a $200 voucher. Still not sure if that was a good idea.) I have been in Granger Indiana for most of the week with about 15 other pastors from around the country discussing church leadership and the changing role of missions in the church. All I can say is WOW! God is really at work around the country and around the world and I am so glad that we get to be a part of it.

MORE TO COME ABOUT THE TRIP ON MONDAY!!

This week we are launching our new series "Crave" and I trust that many of you have been using the evite or postcards to invite you friends and family to join you this Sunday. This whole idea of Crave was brought to light in a devotional that one pastor shared yesterday morning. He said that about a month ago he was praying before a service and was asking God to give him strength and wisdom and courage to speak. He was craving for God to do something special in his life and ministry that day. Have you been there lately? Well he said that all of a sudden he really felt like God said "Mike stop asking me to give you strength and wisdom and courage, that is not what you need" Obviously he was puzzled but he said that this impression continued and he felt like God said "stop asking me to give you all of those things and start asking me to be your strength and be your wisdom and be your courage. WOW!!! I think so many times our craving are all about what we need or what we desire or what want to happen. All of it revolves around us. Maybe it is time to evaluate our cravings.

I think that During the next few weeks God is going to do some reshaping of our cravings. I am so excited about what we are going to be discussing this weekend as we unpack the first week of Crave. Please join us as discover what authentic cravings should be.

See you all on Sunday.

2 comments:

Scott Fillmer said...

looking forward to hearing more about entermission from everyone that went... Brian Johnson and Jack Fisher (our contribution from the Auburn Alabama area) had great things to say about the experience.

Denise said...

I enjoyed reading your blog.I pop in from time to time and check it out. Awesome to see what God is doing in your ministry. You’ve come along way since you cut my son in your youth group in VA.I can relate to the crave story myself. In recent days and pain in my own life I have found myself praying out of desperation. And, mind you the Lord answers prayer. But recently I can almost see the Lord stretching me beyond my comfort zone. Ther is a song by Sanctus Real “Whatever you’re doing” that is awesome. It says He is up to something. And He is. I want to crave more of Him.