1. Remember that you have to read it if you are going to ever get anything out of it
- Read about what you dealing with right now.
- questions about God
2. Find out the meaning of the passage that you are reading.
- Ask the following questions
- Who? is in the story? is it written too? wrote it?
- What? is it about? kind of culture is it? type of people are they?
- Where? are the people located? is the writer?
- When? did the story take place?
- Why? was the story written, did the situation happen?
This form of Biblical study is call the inductive Bible Study Method for a detailed program of inductive Bible Study Methods check out Into Thy Word.
3. Apply what you have read
- Remember Information without application will never lead to transformation and the reason the Bible was written was for our transformation.
- Application happens when you see your story as it related to the stories in the Bible not as you place yourself into the stories of the Bible.
- as we model what we have learned others will catch on as well.
- people cannot follow what is not modeled.
Remember what Starbucks says about what they supply.
- flavors our senses
- sweetens my disposition
- stirs my imagination
- nourishes my dreams