Friday, February 13, 2009

Crave Week 2 update

I trust all of you are having a wonderful week. I personally have been enjoying the incredible weather we have been experiencing and getting pretty excited about my very first Triathlon tomorrow. (Pretty awesome Valentines Day gift for Susie huh? a day in the sun watching the kids while I race.) Trust me I have some ideas on how to make it up to her. I think if someone would have told me a year ago that I would enjoy swimming, cycling, and running for over an hour I would have told them that they were crazy. Funny how things change isn't it. This is kind of like our cravings as well huh. They change all the time.

Last week we began the journey of "Crave" a series that is helping us discover our deepest cravings and then look at them through some spiritual lenses. We unpacked the idea last week that cravings can be both good and bad and it is the object of the craving that determines weather it is good or bad. This week we are going to look at a particular craving that all of us seem to have and it is directly from God, because He has the same craving. It is this craving for community. And I am not talking about this surface community that many of us experience I am talking about a true authentic community. How can we experience this? What does it look like? Why would God even care about this? All of theses things and more are going to be discovered this week. So come on out and join us and invite someone to join you as well.

I wanted to leave you with this portion of an email I received this week from someone in our growth group. it is incredible that they were feeling the same things that we are going to talk about this week and we were just talking about the community of our group. I can hardly wait.

"We were SO excited to meet everyone last night...makes you wonder why it ever took so long! This is such an amazing opportunity to build the "community" that Paul was referring to last night.

On the way home, Kevin and I were discussing how much more community our country really does need...people live such isolated, divided lives. No one seems to know their own neighbors anymore, and unfortunately much less their friends, and sometimes family. When people live divided lives, they are unable to share their personal gifts, the gifts that make them who they are--the gifts God gave each one of us to use in this life to make up ONE entire body of believers that operate as a WHOLE."


My prayer is that this week we will begin to crave the real community that is offered through Christ.

No comments: