Monday, March 16, 2009

Fast Tuesday Week 2

Congratulations!!

You have made it to week 2 of Fast Tuesday. I do not know about you but last week God seemed to be doing some amazing stuff. The reason I know that is because I felt and saw satan working overtime. I really believe that when the people of God begin to live out the verse that we studied last week Satan really starts getting nervous. Let's look at it again.

II Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Satan know that something is about to change.

Here are the basic instruction again for the fast in case you were confused:

1. We are only fasting during breakfast and lunch on Tuesdays, (Drink water only).

2. We are praying for three areas and reading scripture that goes along with each prayer section.

  • Personal Direction (Spiritual Renewal)
  • Corporate Direction (Direction for Relevant Church and its leadership)
  • Global Direction (Direction for our Nation, our leaders and world leaders)
3. When you get hungry use that as a time to remind you to pray for an area.

4. To help with understanding the scripture each week stop after each section and ask yourself these questions and write out your answers:

  • What is God speaking to me/us through this passage?
  • What do I/we need to do?

FAST TUESDAY WEEK TWO SCRIPTURE
(click on the verses to view them)
  1. Personal Direction (Spiritual Renewal) Proverbs 3:5-12 (The Message)
  2. Corporate Direction (Direction for Relevant Church and its leadership) Psalms 37:3-5; 23-24
  3. Global Direction (Direction for our Nation, our leaders and world leaders) Ezekiel 37:1-4

No comments: