Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sweatin to the 80's is sometimes just sweatin


Well this weekend launches our brand new series "Sweatin to the 80's" and as many of you may know the staff and I started working out at the YMCA everyday for the last two weeks. Well I am excited to say that this past week I have lost 5lbs. I am so stoked about this I can hardly stand it. I know that it is not much but it is a start and I am pumped.

Know I want everyone to know that this series is going to be much more than just physical fitness. We are going to deal with emotional fitness, spiritual fitness, and our churches fitness as a whole. But this week we are going to focus our attention on our physical bodies.

Here are a couple of things I have noticed since I have begun to work out again. And please remember I am not the poster child for GNC. I struggle with a need for some double cheeseburger actions all the time.

  1. Having a partner makes all the difference. Knowing that people are depending on me everyday to be there motivates me to get up every morning and workout.
  2. When I work out I feel better about myself. I do not know what it is but when I am working out I feel better about my whole appearance even though there have not been significant changes yet.
  3. My attitude is better. Maybe I just had a bad attitude before, but now I seem to be a bit more even tempered. My staff may disagree though.

During this journey we are going to be giving you tool to help you along the journey. So start looking at our Blog starting Monday for your first training schedule.

No comments: