Monday, February 4, 2008

Giant Suprise

WOW! I did not see that coming. Did any of you? As I tuned in to the super bowl last night I was quite dis-interested in who was playing. I mean one team is just to perfect and the other team seems to have a teenager as a quarterback. So as I settled in to my couch just to watch the commercials I begin to see this team emerge from the shadows of the perfect to completely disrupt the powerhouse Patriots. As I watched the scene unfold I found myself drawn into the excitement of rooting for the underdog. By the end of the game I was standing up rooting for the young Manning to win it all. It felt good to see the impossible happen. I mean no one really gave them a chance and yet they came out victorious.
This got me thinking I wonder how many of us in our faith walk feel a bit like an underdog and do not feel like we will ever end up on the win side of the win/ loss column. I know I have felt that way many time in my faith journey and for the most part when I feel that way I am prone to quit or get discouraged. Maybe you feel this way too sometimes. Well here are a few things I am learning about God on this journey of faith I am on.

1. God is not like me a fickle fan who only likes winners. In fact He specializes in failures and misfits. Read some of the stories of the disciples> Now that was a Motley Crew.

2. God specializes in turning Losers to winners. Just check out this verse.

3. God knows that the win is not always seen right away. Sometimes you have to wait a few days. Read this you will get the picture.

4. God knows the art of Declaring the win.

No comments: