Friday, June 1, 2012

I love my Dirty Church

So this week was the launch of our new series Dirt and as I was preparing for Sunday's message with a story of a serious dirty girl in the Bible, I could not help but think of all of our people at Relevant.  Not because you are dirty but actual yes because we are all dirty.  I love being a part of a dirty church.  The fact is you and I are part of a seriously dirty church.  We are dirty in more ways that just the dirt that I talked about last week.  And I wanted to share with you the dirt that I love at our church.

  1. I love that our church does not mind getting dirty for the right reason.  Every year I see hundreds of you get some serious dirt on you by working at BTW work days, field days, yard clean-ups and home rehabs.  That is some seriously good dirt.
  2. I love that as a church you do not mind allowing people to know that you are personally dirty and that it is only because of what Jesus has done that you are even clean a little bit.  You have no idea how many times I have had someone walk in to Relevant and bump into someone from their non church world and say "you go to church here?' Then they say well of the church did not fall in with you here then I think I will be ok too.  LOL!!
  3. I love that you are accepting of dirty people.  The church is supposed to be the place where people get cleaned up not the place where only clean people can attend.  I love that our church allows people to come in dirty and leave clean because of what Jesus does in their life.
  4. I love that at Relevant we neither wear dirt as a badge of honor nor as a badge of shame.  Dirt is part of life and we all have it and we are all in the process of getting our dirt cleaned up.  And where ever you are in that process Relevant church exist for you.
I guess I love being the pastor of a dirty church because I am a dirty pastor who is love by a dirt loving savior name Jesus.  He came to clean us up and I love the process.  I hope that you will join us this weekend at www.relevantchurch.com for week 2 of Dirt.  I think the story of Rahab from Joshua is going to be amazing.  If you want to do some reading ahead check out Joshua 2-8 the story is pretty cool.  Until next time remember this: "GOD MADE DIRT AND DIRT DON'T HURT"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

getting dirty with church has to be the best way!