Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dirt

This Sunday we will launch a new series called "Dirt" at Relevant Church.  I have been looking forward to this series for quite some time because I have this keen association with dirt.  You see I am a dirty guy and I can identify with dirty people.  You know the kind of people I am talking about in fact you may even be a fellow dirty person.  Here is what I mean by dirty: I am the guys who when I was a kid and I was told not to do something because it might be harmful to me I did it anyway.  Do I have a few takers on that?
When you are a kid that just means that you may get burnt with the stove or ruin a pair of jeans, shorts, or shoes or all of the above because you played outside in them and ended up ruining them with dirt.  However, the older you get the harder it is to clean off the dirt and it sometimes ends up staining us for the rest of our lives. As adults we have dirt on us like: cheater, backstabber, liar, thief, addict, manipulator and the list goes on and on.  Sure we have become pretty good at covering our dirt with the right clothes or the right job or even the right relationship.  But sometime the dirt raises its ugly head we are exposed for how dirty we really are. 
Have you ever been there? Exposed by your personal dirt.  Well you are not alone in fact the bible is full of characters who were every bit as dirty as you and I are and in some cases even dirtier. Yet, God found a way to allow them to grow through the dirt in their life and actually go on to do amazing things.  Over the next 5-6 weeks we are going to journey through scripture together and dig up some of this dirt on these people in the bible and in the process our own dirt is going to be exposed.  However, when our dirt is exposed I am going to encourage you to not try and cover it up but to embrace your dirt and allow God to begin the process of growing you up through it. 
Don't miss this weekend as we launch into DIRT it is going to be amazing.  I cannot wait to see all of you this weekend. Plus I hear Carl and our tech guys have re-rigged our lighting for a whole new look.  I cannot wait to see that as well.

For the 5400 and beyond,

Paul

2 comments:

Walt said...

Looking forward to it. Good to see you back online.

Walt said...

Looking forward to it. Good to see you back online.