Monday, February 18, 2008

What a weekend

So there I was in my office on Valentines Day finishing up my message for Sunday and planning on a nice quiet evening with Susie over in Orlando when I get an email from someone letting me know that the story about our new series "The 30 Day Sex Challenge" was one the newspapers web site. I thought that was cool so I went and read the article and was pleased that God had given us favor and a story was being written about our church and our new series. What I did not know was what was about to take place over the next 72 hours. From that moment around 2:30pm on Thursday I have spoken with every network TV station in Tampa and have been contacted by a half a dozen radio stations we even made Fox News Nationally on Friday afternoon. Crazy

What I think is crazy is that when the church decides to talk about sex "God's Idea" the media go bananas and the "Christians" get mad. I can say that the vast majority of main stream media has been very kind to us and as clear as they can be without being a church. I think ABC Action News did the best job so far. They were out last night at our evening service. It was cool to see our band rocking on TV.

I write all of this to say that I am humbled by the fact that God would use us to do this think called church planting. Our goal in this whole series is to draw people to a closer relationship with Christ and a closer relationship with their spouse if they are married and if they are single to understand that singleness is not a bad thing it is incredible.

If you want to know more about the challenge you can go to our churches blog I will be posting there each day of the 30 day challenge. Hey if you are married or single why not join us for the journey. All the information that you need can be found at the blog site. If you do decide to join us please let us know so we can track the success of the series.

If you are local it looks like I am going to be on the radio with Nancy and Chris in the morning Tuesday at 7:40am on Mix 100.7 Please pray for me.

Peace

No comments: