Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Weekend Reflections

Well, after returning from Granger at 10am Saturday Morning. Yes that meant we had to get up at 4am. My team was not to thrilled about that but I did become a hero to my son because I made it to his football game, which they won. (GO LIONS) So then after the game it was back home to crash. You see Saturday was my birthday yeas I turned 39 on Saturday which really sucks because I really do feel like I am 29 and my wife would say that sometimes I act 9 so if I average that out my average age is a little over 25 and that feels pretty good to me. If any one else would like to use my formula please send $19.95 to the address listed below for you copy of "Age Paul's Way" HA HA

Well after my power nap it was time for a little football and yes my Gators ave one away to the Auburn Tigers Saturday Night. I am just glad that I did not suffer through the game in Gainsville I actually went to bed long before the final kick sealed the deal.

So Sunday morning came with very little issues other than we are still in our confessions series which has been quite difficult for me as a pastor but very healing for many people in our church so that is awesome. Well the first service went well except for one of my illustrations but you will have to check out the video podcast to see that. It was pretty funny. Then we launched into the second service and a demon got into our sound board. There was snap, crackling and popping going on throughout the whole system finally we had to shut it down half way through our worship set. So I went out and just started my talk which was a little weird because my segue went the song that the band did not sing. We made it through and it was great but then the real greatness started. At the end of my message Carl was back stage and said don't worry we are ready to go. He and the band had during my talk put together an acostic set that was amazing. Really that is what I love about Carl he is a pro and pros do not leave things hanging they make things happen. We had more comments about the worship during the second service than we have had in quite some time. The worship was awesome. Also, we had 304 in our two morning services which is a record then we had another 98 during the night service for a grand total of 402 for the day. WOW God you are amazing. A year ago we were averaging 250 and now we had 402 I cannot believe this. I cannot wait till this weekend. See you then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! :)